DGRV – German Cooperative and Raiffeisen Confederation
Base of operations (headquarters)
Who we are
The DGRV – German Cooperative and Raiffeisen Confederation - is both the apex and auditing association of the German cooperative organisation. The Confederation’s purpose is to promote and represent the mutual interests of its members and their affiliated cooperative institutions. Since more than 30 years, DGRV provides consultancy to cooperative partners abroad and promotes the development of sustainable cooperative systems and structures worldwide.
What we do
- Cooperatives and integrated cooperative structures in the financial sector, agriculture, crafts, trade and commerce;
- Centralised institutions such as cooperative central banks;
- Professionally qualified training and advanced training;
- The development of cooperative auditing systems in cooperation with national banking supervisory authorities and central banks and;
- The introduction of framework conditions adapted to cooperatives, for example for banking supervision and cooperative legislation.
We advise on:
- The building-up, organisation and management of cooperatives;
- Risk management, early warning systems, management information systems;
- Cooperative and banking legislation;
- Banking supervision;
- The processing and marketing of agricultural produce, value-adding chains;
- Cooperation in small-scale industry and crafts;
- Cooperative auditing systems, deposit guarantee schemes;
- Training and advanced training.
Americas – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay
Africa – Benin, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia-Pacific – Cambodia, India, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
Bilateral Aid/Government agencies: German Government, GIZ