Cooperative Development Organisation
Implementing Partners and Organisations
Period of Implementation
Cities: 34 cities and 7 departments
Bilateral Aid: Global Affairs Canada GAC. Other donorsare: ECOPETROL: oil extractive industry. Gran Tierra Energy: extractive oil industry. PRODECO: coal extractive industry. Mansarovar Enrgy: oil extractive industry. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Inte
Type of Activity
AGROEMPRENDE CACAO is aimed at improving the lives of cocoa families that are or will be members of cocoa associations in different regions of Colombia. Through a strategy to support the development of the cocoa value chain, the project will promote the economic empowerment of 5,000 cocoa-growing families, strengthening the management practices of their local associative companies and facilitating the emergence and consolidation of profitable, innovative companies, clean, sustainable and inclusive regional cooperative enterprises. AGROEMPRENDE CACAO operates in: Putumayo, Meta, Cesar and Magdalena Medio. Main activities are: 1) Training for cocoa-producing families and their associative companies, 2) Investment in cocoa plots and in the associative business, 3) Sensitization in female and business empowerment, 4) Technical assistance in cocoa cultivation and product quality improvement processes, 5) Development of cooperative, regional strategies.
Improve the living conditions of cocoa-producing families through improved production and management of their associative companies
Impact on SDGs
Improved productivity of cocoa-producing families benefiting from the project
Increased participation of women in their associative enterprises
Number of associations that have adopted gender equality plans
Proportion of female presence in decision-making bodies of associations
Increased leadership and access to resources for women cocoa farmers
Increased hectares of cocoa plantations managed under climate-resilient agroforestry systems
Increased volume of cocoa sold by associations
Sustainability of cocoa associations
Total association sales
Profit margin of associations
Rate of payment to association revolving funds by members
1. Productivity: Cocoa tree density and harvest forecast (FEDECACAO methodology).
2. Female Empowerment: Index of female empowerment (Survey 13/18).
3. Increase in new and/or rehabilitated cacao hectares: identification, planning and investment in hectares fulfilling the 10 GAC criteria.
4. Participation of women in decision-making bodies: approval and implementation of Gender Equality Plans and certificates for the election of women in decision-making bodies, in associative companies.
5. Volumes, Sales and capitalization: Analysis of the sales records and financial statements of the associative companies